Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Clean and Blue "Hi!"














   This trigger displays a beautiful room that has blues and whites with a touch of modern on the wall.  I love this room...so clean and perfect!  I actually stayed in a similar room while visiting friends.  My friend has a knack for class and her bedding had a blue and white flower design.  It was tastefully decorated and so CLEAN looking.  She and her husband were the perfect hosts...they gave up THEIR room, can you believe it?  Wow, talk about hospitality!  
  I was thinking of them while making this card...we haven't gotten together in awhile, and we only live a couple of hours from each other now!  We drove 8 hours to see them years ago, when they gave up their room.  Now, we just seem to get so caught up in who knows what.  I need to tell them at least "Hi!".  


Here is my "Hi"...



 
  I didn't have any blues to hit the trigger blues...

...which made me BLUE. :(   

LOL.   ;)


But, I had INK and a background stamp! I made squares to frame the corners.  See those gorgeous vases?  They are from my other FAVORITE ODBD stamp.  I am also entering this is in ODBD Stamping in Time 36.  I added that cool swirly thing to make the "Modern" point! 



Thanks for peeking in!


Recipe: ODBD You are the Potter, Rubber Stampede Signature Background, Staz On Ink, clear embossing powder, Sizzix flowers and leaves, Quickutz square, Sizzix square, Cuttlebug Embossing folder, Corner rounder, ISC Friendship for the sentiment




11 comments:

Marybeth said...

Your card is beautiful , what a great take on the moxie trigger . Im sure your friend will appreciate this card. You made me laugh on the crack the whale, random use of words.

Jessi Fogan said...

What a great way to say hello! And wow, I can't imagine entering a room like this in real life. I'd be scared to touch anything with my inky paws ;)

JJ Bolton said...

I'm sure your friend will love your card! And I'm so goofy! My first thought when I saw your "HI" was Hawaii:). Hope you are having a good weekend!

Dawn said...

Swirly thing is perfect for your card. Nice work!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Marlena! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Sylvia Nelson said...

Very pretty card, Marlena! Love all the texture you created with the patterns and the embossing.

Virginia L. said...

FABULOUS inspired card by the Tuesday Trigger, Marlena! I love the delicate look of the vases and how the embossed white background showed off the stunning images so vividly!

Betty Wright said...

This is pots are fabulous in blues, Marlena! Wonderful design and look! Thanks so much for playing ODBD Stamping In Time Challenge!

Cyndie said...

What a gorgeous card! You really nailed the challenge colors and I love those vases. Your swirly wire is the perfect final touch!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Oh, I love what you came up with for the inspiration piece! Another beautiful card! I love these pots in blue....will definitely try this in the future!! Blessings, Angie

Unknown said...

Just lovely, Marlena! I love the way it looks like real Delft china, very pretty! Thanks for popping by my blog, have a stellar day! :)