Thursday, June 16, 2011

Firsthand DP, Rock and Roll

I have only recently bought firsthand DP.  Up until now, I had mostly secondhand paper (pretty and new to me).  However, on my anniversary (I know, not very romantic ;) )...my husband and kids sat in the car while I browsed around a craft store.  Aren't they sweet? ;) 

BTW, we DID go out to eat and he got himself something nice at the sports store-everyone got something!    ;)


 I'm glad I got some brights, because The Play Date Cafe #86



has some FUN, FRESH, FABULOUS colors. ;)












I love these brights!!!  I have three girls...all between 10 and 15.  Fun and fresh is always going on in our house...and they have FABULOUS taste.  If they say my card is "COOL"  or "WOW"...I believe them!  They are in that "cool" age. :)

I purchased some fun paper and added a little surprise ...a pink and orange wood background inked up with the Rock and roll technique from MIM #19.


  






They seemed to like how I used it .....




     They gave me a "Cool!" and "Neat!"
   


 I passed the test! ;)


Thanks for peeking in! ;)


Recipe: PTI Communique Curves Sentiments, All Night Media Wood background,Staz On ink, MS ink, clear embossing powder, Making Memories Just Chillin' DP, Sizzix Oval Bookplates, Sizzix Movers and Shapers Dies-Window Panes Three, Scor Pal, Style-a-bility beaded fringe









7 comments:

Fiona said...

Great creativity Marlena! Love the background and the texture :) thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

massofhair said...

WOW what a stunner! Loving all the little touches, the beading, the mixing of flowers and stripes and the textures. A real winner:-)

Ruby said...

Love your card Marlena! Especially how you've done the oval around the sentiment, it looks great! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

JJ Bolton said...

Marlena, Love how whimsical and colorful this is! What a happy, happy card! P.S. Sounds like a great anniversary to me:) Have a good weekend! JJ

Michele Gross said...

This is so much fun! I love the fun layering and such a happy use of the colors! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I think all the adjectives your girls used to describe your card I can "ditto"! It is very cute and sassy. :) Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date CAfe, Marlena!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! That beaded fringe is amazing! And I just LOVE all your layering! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!