Sunday, June 26, 2011

Clarity, a Rainbow, and a Clear Acrylic Block




I made a rainbow card for two challenges. 






There is a special edge on it which warrants a submission to Moxie Fab's Beautiful Borders.







   My coil binding machine made the holes.  Using inexpensive embroidery floss, I wound the colors of the rainbow.  Originally, it was the top edge of a card I did...until I took pictures and didn't like it. 



I salvaged it and attached it in a fold to this second card.




 My original card had a lot more color going on.


















The edge has its own appeal and needed more white for a backdrop. 



The skinny rectangles were stamped with the side of an acrylic block.  



All these lovely stamps I own...





...and I stamp with the block.


Don't tell my husband!  ;)





I would still like the option of buying more stamps.


Creating this got me thinking of when my girls were babies. 


They would play with the wrapping paper of presents.  They cared less about the gift itself...they just wanted to mess with the crinkly, shiny paper.




We would carefully untangle their chubby fingers from the paper and try to attract them with the COOL NEW TOY we had spent time and money on. 



It makes me sad to think that we do that as grownups.  We (I !) stare at pretty, shiny, insignificant things.  Until God draws our (my !) attention to the real valuable stuff.



Him.  

Our loved ones.



Our not so loved ones.





Amazing what stamping with a clear acrylic block does for the soul.  





It gave me a little clarity today anyway. ;)





Thanks for taking the time to stop in.



Info: Papertrey Communique Curves Sentiments, Basic Grey flower, Staz On ink, Memento Ink, MS ink, binding machine, ACRYLIC BLOCK ;)







3 comments:

Jenny said...

What a creative card Marlena, I love the twisted threads as an edge too.
Fancy an acrylic block making your mind wander like that, it's good to think and reminisce:)
Thanks for sharing :)
Jenny x

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Marlena! Thanks for linking this up to the Beautiful Borders challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Sarah Martina said...

What a creative way of stamping! :) Great card, Marlena! So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Trends Challenge! :)