Monday, June 20, 2011

Pink is Christmas Too

Up until a few months ago...embroidery was my thing. 



June/July is when you find the first sets of Christmas embroidery designs.



  Maybe that's why I'm thinking about Christmas!!! 









to make this Christmas Card (that's 2 for my stash!).





I am loving bright colors and not wanting traditional colors...can you tell? :)



Weird thing...one quilt store I visited said they got the Christmas fabrics in the summer...and got Fall materials after that. 



Is there a similar pattern with stamps? 


I would appreciate any insight on this! ;)



I am also entering this in  Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge Week #60~~Buttons.

 
Thanks for peeking in. ;)




Info:  Papertrey A Wreath for All Seasons, Grunge Me, MS Pattern Stamp, Memento Ink, Staz On ink

7 comments:

Carol Hurlock said...

What a cute card. Love what you did with the buttons for the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with Speedy's Friends. It is a pleasure to come view your work. Hope you can play with us again next week!

Winnie and Patty said...

What a pretty Christmas card!!! Reminds me that I need to get started on mine! Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Marlena. Love how you built that flower. :o)

Teresa said...

Very creative use of that stamp. I was looking at mine trying to decide what to do with it and I really like the plad in it. Makes a really cute flower. Usually stamps come out a month or so before the holiday. It really depends on the company.

Cyndie said...

Wow, what a cool modern take on Christmas colors! It looks great!

Sara Mac said...

Love the colors you chose for this Marlena! I cannot even think about Christmas this time of year. Actually, I don't even like to think about it until after Thanksgiving. LOL!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a neat, modern Christmas flower, Marlena. I love a pink and green combo for Xmas. THanks for sharing it with Speedy's Friends!