Friday, February 3, 2012

~A Touch of Whimsy,Quilling, and CAKE!~




It's funny that I won a chuckle set from Skipping Stones:You Know You're Getting Old When a week or so ago.



I just turned 42.


Tell you what, I felt GREAT on Sunday, my birthday.

I felt better than I did at 30.  REALLY!


But almost everyday since, well, a headache here or odd pain there.




Hmmmm



What's going on?


Maybe God gave me grace that day. ;) 





Anyway, I REALLY love the whimsical cake in that set and wanted to participate in their sketch challenge.




(Skipping Stones Design You Know You're Getting Old Birthday,Memento ink tuxedo black,Copic pink and brown,Memento marker red,Teresa Collins DP,Quilling paper,Spellbinders Classic circles,Recollections music punch,Bazzill cardstock pink,American Crafts AC cardstock)




Awesome sketch, right?

Thank you, Skipping Stones, for the delightful win that turned out a gift! ;)

Also, thank you Jingle for sending it out in time for my big day!




My yummy colors AND CAKE are inspired by




How can you get this yum out of your head?


I can't!


Finally, the whimsy was searched out and thought about for Inspired By #9




You know, Minnie likes pink just as much as RED...I KNOW...I just went to Disney World this past Fall and she is totally cool with it. ;)




15 comments:

Jingle said...

Well, HAPPY HAPPY Birthday to you!!! I'm so glad you got the set and that you like it! Your card is ADORABLE!!!

Laurel said...

Happy Birthday to you! Love your adorable card, love all the pink! Thanks for playing at Inspired By!

Kim S said...

Happy Birthday!! I thought 42 was a good year so I bet you rebound soon! (Watch out for 47 though, it's a tough one!)

Carol L said...

Happy Birthday (a little bit late)! Great take on the sketch and inspirational photo challenge! I love that cake image and those quilled accents! Very cute!

Karen B. said...

Yay! So glad that you got some SSD stamps in your collection now! This card is amazing, the colors are lovely, and happy belated birthday too!

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful card, Marlena! I love your pink cake card. Happy belated birthday to you!

Bonnie said...

Pretty! I love that cute little stamp and Happy Birthday to you!

Stephanie said...

Oh, how cute! Love your whimsical quills!!! Perfect for your card! Thanks for playing along with SSD this week! Happy belated birthday!

Annette Allen said...

such a beautiful card...Happy Belated Birthday...hope you had an awesome day...

Joan Ervin said...

Your take on the sketch and the Tuesday trigger is fabulous, Marlena...love the fun little cake and all the pink!!! Happy Birthday!!! Hope you day was super special!!!!

Pauline said...

Happy belated birthday wishes to you Marlena! Hope those aches and pains go away soon!
Gorgeous card with this whimsical cake, and a great take on the sketch!

Anonymous said...

Adorable card! I love the quilling and the fun and whimsical colors! Great job with the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

Emily Keaton said...

Marlena, this card is so delightful! This would make ANY birthday so much happier. :)

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic card Marlena! Love your cheerful colours, the cake, and the quilling really adds the perfect finish! Great take on the trigger!

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVE your card!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS VALENTINE'S WEEK!! =)
HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!! =)