Tuesday, February 7, 2012

~A Beautiful Bow, Bird, and Cafe Colors~

I have several challenges I am inspired by today.


One of the easiest, was picking who to case for 






I picked Betty Wright!



Her style is her own, and I can pick her stunning work in a lineup!


Her signature bow is what I'm ATTEMPTING to case.


Please know that bows are not my strong point


(I even went to a free bow class when I was a teen...and I just don't have the knack).

I still try now and again, though.


Hope I get an "A" for effort for this tulle bow.



(ODBD You Will Find Refuge,Bazzill paper,Memento ink,PTI eyelet lace border die negative,Sizzix texture plate and Sizzlet corner die)





My colors were chosen for











Have a blessed evening. ;)


10 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Very PRETTY I love your design Marlena!!~

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous case of Betty, Marlena!! I just love the chickadee and your soft colors, all the white, your bow and the stitched border!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous, soft and delicate, and fabulous stitching too! So so pretty!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SO pretty! Such a soft card with a beautiful scripture! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC.

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a darling card! That little bird is so sweet!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wow, they offered a bow class?? Was that in high school, or an art studio?

Anyway, I do think your bow is very fanciful, and I'll bet it made Betty W proud!

Thanks for playing with us at The Cafe, Marlena. Have a WONDERFUL, blessed day!!

Cards By Jan said...

So pretty!! love your soft tones...

Rosemary said...

what a sweet card, marlena!! so soft and pretty... thanks for joining the shining the light challenge!!

Emily Keaton said...

Hey, Marlena!! CONGRATS on winning the entire February Flourishes Release with this card. What a beauty!! Enjoy your new stamps. :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Congrats on your big Flourishes win, Marlena!