Saturday, February 11, 2012

~CAS PTI 5th Anniversary Day 7~

The party is still rockin' at Papertrey Ink's 5th Anniversary.


This is the 7th Day, and the challenge is to incorporate hearts.




(Papertrey Ink In the Meadow dies (partial tree die for grass),Papertrey Ink Game On,Ellison Tipsy Heart for the template,Ranger Tim Holtz marmalade ink,Making Memories Just Chillin' DP,American Crafts AC cardstock,Georgia Pacific white)


I just love the deer dies from PTI's In the Meadow. 


I stumbled upon the first partial DP deer when I was cutting out snowmen and thought, "That looks cool!"


The curvy cuts look so much better than just slicing it in bits, so I had to work to replicate the "mistake" with a partial circle punch in the second deer.


I sponged distress ink for the heart frame.



I am also entering this in CAS-ual Fridays CFC39.




Since I playing with die cuts, I am also submitting this to

Moxie Fab's Cool Tools Week:DIE CUTTING CHALLENGE.


Thanks for stopping in. Hope you're having a fun weekend. ;)

6 comments:

Ally said...

That is kinda cool. ;-D I love the way you sponged the heart in the background, and I love how clean and simple it is. Nice job! ;-)

Michele Gross said...

Oh wow! This is really stunning!!! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Joan Ervin said...

I love the look you created with the diecuts...this is beautiful, Marlena, and such an awesome design!!!!

Virginia L. said...

Hi Marlena, This is so beautiful! I love your mix of pattern paper use for the deer! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Don't you love happy accidents? It look marvelous and the sponged background is perfect. Thank you for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays this week!

Anonymous said...

love the deer and what a neat technique with the patterned paper :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!