Monday, February 20, 2012

~London!~

Simon Says Stamp and Show:LONDON
inspired me to create a card for my sister.



  While we were stationed in Germany, she came to visit.

If it weren't for her, I would have never had the guts to travel to

my dream destination~London.





With her help, I was able to do so with my girlies in tow 8 years ago.


Look how wittle they were!!!

 BTW, they wore those hats on the flight home(zero room to store elsewhere)...they weren't too thrilled about it.

I don't care...they looked way too cute in my photos!

I made a card for my sweet sister~I owe her a hello/thinking of ya.

I was so excited to use my cool double decker bus button.


(Papertrey Ink Grunge Me,Papertrey Ink All Booked Up,Spellbinders classic circles,Ranger Tim Holtz distress ink fired brick,Sassafras flowers,Piggy Tales DP,Bazzill cardstock,Memento ink london fog,Creative Memories corner rounder)




I'm hoping she will remember that chapter of time...when we got to visit Shakespeare's globe and other cool sites.



We are both English majors, so that was a HAVE TO.

We even rode those red buses!


I glittered up some buttons for Make It Monday #54:Glitter Buttons.
Ashley's tutorial offers a variety of ways to add glitter to your buttons.

I used my daughter's glitter glue to give some sparkle to these awesome Sassafras button flowers.


Thanks for stopping by! ;)

18 comments:

Sanketi said...

Lovely ..so simple so elegant!.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Candy C said...

What a cute picture of you and your girls when they were younger. Don't you LOVE London? One of my fav places!! Your card celebrating London is very cute and I am so happy that this challenge has brought back so many happy memories! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

ACK! Too cute and I love the double-decker bus! England is my birthplace, so I have a special love for anything British! Very cute way to add those glittered buttons to your card too.

~amy~ said...

okay, I think this is my new FAV of yours...love love love...

Linda Beeson said...

I so want to go there, what a great photo and your card is just plain cute.

Susie said...

Marlena, another great design! I love the ink splat and how the twill connects your focal points - very nicely done. I love PTI and Ranger products too. Did you know that Tim Holtz is from Arizona? We have some wonderfully talented people who live in our beautiful state.

Susie said...

Marlena, another great design! I love the ink splat and how the twill connects your focal points - very nicely done. I love PTI and Ranger products too. Did you know that Tim Holtz is from Arizona? We have some wonderfully talented people who live in our beautiful state.

Tracey McNeely said...

Sweet sweet buttons Marlena! Love the card.

Clare said...

Love the card and the buttons finish it off beautifully.

carol (krillsister) said...

Cute card. Love the grunge spot behind that awesome button!

missy said...

Great design.Love the detail!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Marlena, congrats on winning yet more goodies, over at Savannahland! Wow, I can't believe how much good fortune you've had lately. :)

This card is SURE to give your sister a smile. Love that bus button!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a cool card Marlena. Love that bus button. Great way of using it.

Emily Keaton said...

Too fun, Marlena! Your double-decker bus rocks :D.

~Tammy~ said...

Aww, I want to visit there one day! So glad you got to visit! Your card is fantastic and love that bus!

Nancy Wethington said...

Very cute! Love the tiny double decker! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

So adorable!! I love the bus and the twill you used! A very eye-catching card : )

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

For More Opportunities:
*Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
*Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
*Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube
*Follow Simon Says Stamp on Pinterest
*Sign up for our Newsletter

Anonymous said...

Cool card mom :3)