Friday, January 27, 2012

~Shaker Box Filled With Quills~

Amanda read all your sweet birthday wishes...thank you so much bloggy friends!!!
Ya'll are the BEST! ;)



This past Sunday I was blessed with a bag of goodies from a sweet lady at church.


It had bags of quilling strips and a quilling TOOL!!!

I've toyed a bit with quilling...well, baby quilling.


But now, I'm legit!


I have a TOOL!!!

She said she wanted to give it to someone who would use it.


Oh YES...I WILL, I WILL!!! ;)


First thing to do is make a thank you card, of course! 







The shaker card technique I learned by watching Heather's tutorial at
 



I ended up using three layers of foam (quilled paper is a bit thicker than glitter).


My colors were drawn by Color Throwdown #176





Thanks for stopping by today! ;)



Supplies:Papertrey Ink Thing Big Favorites #2,Papertrey Ink Mat Stack 3 die,Martha Stewart fringe scissors,Memento ink rich cocoa,Papertrey ink eyelet lace border die,Spellbinders scalloped and classic circles,American Crafts AC cardstock neutral pack,Sizzix fresh cut flowers texture plate,Piggy Tales DP,Pop dots,Scor-Tape,foam glue,Creative Memories corner rounder


6 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

LOve how you used the Mat Stack die as your shaker shape. Lovely card.

Joan Ervin said...

You have used the CTD colors beautifully, Marlena...what a gorgeous design!!! Your quilling is such a wonderful detail...I'm sooo glad you are legit, now!!!!

Unknown said...

Hola!!! hermosa tarjeta!!! Yo tambien soy seguidora de Jesús y le sirvo en la iglesia, muchas veces comparto en las reuniones de mujeres el hacer tarjetas.
En Argentina este tipo de artesanias no esta muy difundida, pero va en crecimiento la tecnica del scrap.
te dejo mi blog para que me visites. http://manosurbanasscrap.blogspot.com/
bendiciones Debora

Pauline said...

Beautiful card, love these colours!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the quilled paper inside your shaker. Lovely card Marlena.

dpkennedy said...

What a sweet design! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!