Thursday, January 19, 2012

~A Number~

I've never participated in Our Craft Lounge's Challenge before and they have hit their 100th!

Great time to jump in, don't you think? ;)

I used a NUMBER-#2 in my card(to meet the numbers category).

Well, actually, the number was IN the sentiment.

It still works, right?




Also, I used a technique from Nichole's Make It Monday #49 Ghost Masking...very very cool.

Check out the video from Betsy Veldman
 to learn the deets.



Here's my creation:
(Stamps: Papertrey Ink Game On,PTI All Booked UP;Ink:Memento:london fog,sweet plum,bamboo leaves,rich cocoa;Die:Marvy Punch;Paper:Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses DP,Georgia Pacific white,American Crafts AC cardstock,DCWV natural stack,Vellum for masking;Other:Martha Stewart Fringe scissors,stapler)
The front is shorter than the back...I have the back piece fringed.
My Marvy punch was a wee bit too big for the circle...but I moved it accordingly (when I stamped)to get it as close to the line as possible.
My colors were pulled from The PlayDate Cafe PDCC115.







Thank you for stopping by today. ;)


12 comments:

dstandard said...

Beautiful and loving these colors!

Marybeth said...

You did a great job matching this for the MIM challenge . Mine did not work as well as yours. Nice job!

Jennipher said...

Very cute. Love the neutral colors.

Laurie said...

Awesome job on the MIM challenge! I can't get it to work! You've inspired me to try again! :)

Pauline said...

Whata fab effect you created with the Ghost masking, so much better than mine! I love the combination of colours too, it's fabulous!

Emily Leiphart said...

Great card, Marlena! Thanks so much for stopping by during the Lil' Inker Designs January Release Blog Hop!

Karen B. said...

What a beautiful way to interpret the colors, and your design is so much fun!

Colleen Dietrich said...

How neat that you stamped the sentiment on vellum, Marlena!

So glad you could play with us at The Play Date Cafe this week. :)

Jocelyn Olson said...

That's so cool! I love the ghost shadowing...especially with those colors. What a fun card!

Jenny said...

Cool card Marlena, the ghosting technique looks great as does that fringed edge to your card :)
Jenny x

Lisa Elton said...

Very fun Marlena! And yes I think the number in the sentiment counts!

Michele Gross said...

Really cool design!! Love the fringey edge! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!