Tuesday, January 10, 2012

~Thank You Teacher~

There are a few more challenges I was inspired to play with today.




(Papertrey Ink Communique Curves Sentiments,Papertrey Ink eyelet lace border die,Papertrey Ink Fruit fusion apple die and stamp,DCWV natural stack,American Crafts AC cardstock, Piggy Tales DP,Ranger Tim Holtz Distress ink marmalade,Memento ink black)

My colors brown and white were drawn from




Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World
encouraged me to use my apple die INNOVATIVELY...by using the negative but only filling part of the apple.


I wanted it to look like a heart.


The best teachers incorporate their heart, don't you think?





Creating Backgrounds with Border Dies demonstrated by Dawn McVey,


encouraged me to use my eyelet lace border die-which I love.


I ran the borders through my Xyron and zigzagged the background.


Thank you for stopping by today. ;)

11 comments:

Marybeth said...

Cute thank you card, Marlena! Creative way to use that boarder die.

Tracey McNeely said...

How fun Marlena. I really like the look you created with that die. Perfect thank you card.

Mona Pendleton said...

What a darling card Marlena! Thanks for sharing!

SandeeNC said...

Cute card!

StephC said...

Very pretty card! I love the background. So glad you joined us at FYI again! :)

dstandard said...

Great job with the inspirational photo ! Thanks for joining us this week at FYI!

Michelle said...

Marlena, this is a pretty card. You really captured the colours of the inspiration photo! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for joining in at FYI!

Sara Mac said...

Marlena I always love it when you join our FYI challenges. Love how you used the eyelet lace die here and the colors are right on with the photo.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the zig zag effect with your die Marlena! And the little apple is so cute, fun card!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Marlena! Thanks for linking this up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)