Monday, January 23, 2012

~Man Card~




led me to this card:


 (supplies:Papertrey Ink In the Meadow deer,I Heart Papers Mint Motif Beyond Borders,Papertrey Ink Game On sentiment,Staz On pumpkin,Ranger Distress ink pine needle and marmalade,Georgia Pacific 110 lb cardbase)


 Now, originally my zigs were zagged so straight and true, but I smudged my fingers on the pristine white.


I figured...perfection isn't me.



 I embraced the cool, stomped/ripped,nothing fits look that seems to be in now.








I didn't intend for reindeer's behind to look so textured, but I really did like it after the fact.


Here is the straight and true for those that are curious:







See? It's a bit warped on the bottom, because I viciously took a baby wipe to my Oompa-Loompa finger smudges created at the last second....arrrgh.



My orange and green combo is inspired by For Your Inspiration Challenge #22




What a gorgeous photo!  I have something prettier in the works, but I wanted to make sure and credit this challenge, because it DID choose my colors for this masculine card.



Thank you for stopping by today, it makes my day! ;)

8 comments:

Joyce said...

Great one layer card. I like how you are just going with it, even if it got a bit wonky. I tend to do the same thing. My laziness fights with my perfectionism, and usually, the lazy wins.

Pauline said...

lever card. loved the colors. it is so bright. Thanks for your comment on my card.
Hugs
Pauline

Sara Mac said...

Too funny Marlena. We all make those mistakes. Great masculine card. Thanks for joining us at FYI.

StephC said...

Great masculine card! Thanks for sharing with us at FYI!

dstandard said...

Fabulous - great masculine card that looks perfect! Thanks for playing at FYI!

Michelle said...

Oh, Marlena, I so understand the inky finger problem! I do that, and I also drop stamps back onto just-finished cards, ruining what was once perfect! LOL! I also like the textured reindeer bottom. :-) Thanks for joining us at FYI, it's good to see you here once again!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun CAS take from the inspiration! Great masculine card~ Thanks for joining in at FYI!

Susan Raihala said...

What a fun card, and a great use of those colors, too!