Sunday, January 29, 2012

~Second LIM:Masking~

This week's Less Is More Challenge is a sketch!




This is my second entry.



I've seen so many beautiful submissions that entailed masking borders.




I figured this was the challenge to give it a go! ;)




(Basic Grey Tranquil,Technique Tuesday Growing Wild,Tim Holtz Distress Inks marmalade and pine,stipple brush,Creative Memories corner rounder,Copic marker for pollen,American Crafts AC cardstock)


I masked the border with post-it notes and laid some quilling strips down in a zigzag.


A stipple brush was used to apply two distress inks that were chosen for






Once again...a gorgeous photo! I can't get it out of my head.

 The greens, oranges and yellow HAD to make it onto my card.


There is no greater artist than God!







Thanks for stopping by...especially if it was more than once today! ;)


I really do appreciate it.

15 comments:

Karen B. said...

This is beautiful! And your masking is perfect, along with the details in your card.

Chrissie said...

Two this week Marlena!
Lovely colours and a super card!
Thanks once more.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sara Mac said...

Marlena, I think this is one of my favorite cards that you have made! The masking looks great. You inked up the perfect amount of color too. And you are so right -- there is no greater artist than God:)

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Such a beautiful CAS card! I adore it. :)

Mandi said...

Subtle and pretty, thank you for another submission
Mandi
"Less is More"

Ren-Yi said...

sweet misting action, Marlena. I love the effect that you created with the quilting strips!

Kathyk said...

Smashing card in super colours - great masking tip too

Kathyk

Jenni's Jems said...

Two fab cards x

Elaine said...

Lovely card - great inky background and choice of colours!!

Clare said...

Just love the colours and composition.

~Tammy~ said...

Fantastic job masking! Wow! Terrific card!

Joan Ervin said...

Your card is beautiful, Marlena.....I love your take on the inspiration photo and the masking is just perfect!!!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well done! I love sponged sides -- Thanks for playing in FYI's challenge!!

Michelle said...

Great work, Marlena! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

dstandard said...

This is just gorgeous - what a great take on the photo! Thanks for playing this week at FYI!