Saturday, January 28, 2012

~Another CAS-ual and the Cafe~

 I'm on a quilling streak, it seems. ;)



How many times before I can say "I quill"?
I am truly enjoying my gift.












 (supplies: Sticker,Piggy Tales DP,American Crafts AC cardstock,Fiskar's border punch,Marvy circle punch,quill paper)




 I just noticed quarter lines in the belly of my Marvy punch.



It helped me determine a quarter of the circle to create notches in my sentiment panel.



I think these look way better than if I had just eyeballed it.



Here is the sketch again, by Laura at







My colors were inspired by






I was so excited to find this sentiment sticker that looked pretty close to the colors...it motivated me to finish this card! ;)


Thanks for stopping by today! ;)

10 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful design, Marlena! I love how you incorporate the quilling and stitching into this! Simply delightful!So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Emily Keaton said...

A perfectly sweet design, Marlena! Your stitching looks beautiful on that blue background. And look at you GO at quilling!! Fantastic :)

Lisa Elton said...

Very fun Marlena! I've never tried my hand at quilling, it's a cute addition to your card. So is your stitching, my sewing machine is being uncooperative. I guess I need to get it to the shop huh!

Kim S said...

I love the use of that quilled flourish for the sketch!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, yeah! Don't you love when you have stickers/embellies that match your project? Awesome! And you go girl, with that quilling! I have never tried that craft. The leaves you created are very pretty.

Thanks for coming to the Cafe with us this week!

Jinny Newlin said...

Way to rock those quilled flourishes! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Ruby said...

Quilling is so much fun, isn't it! Love how you've incorporated it into your card, really lovely! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Marlena and perfect for both challenges. You are having so much fun quilling these days. I have never tried it.

Jaclyn Miller said...

This is beautiful Marlena. I love your interpretation of the sketch and the quilling is such a nice touch. Thank you so much for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays.

Anonymous said...

Sweet card, love the quilling :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!