Wednesday, September 19, 2012

~A Kindred Spirit~


I have a friend who accompanied me (along with our children) to the city so I could get the ingredients for mochi.


Have you had it?

 It's a sweet, gooey dessert that my family loves.

I grew up in Hawaii, where you can pick up a container at the local drugstore (but it might have a black bean paste in the middle).

Since I'm no longer in Hawaii, I have to make my own(without the black bean).

I probably wouldn't have found the asian store without her.

She is such a sweet friend, and I was thinking of her today.


~Word Art Wednesday Challenge #46 is about friends this week~

I started with a fantastic sketch here, at Splitcoaststampers.
(SC403).




inspired me to create a dancing cityscape...







I used the colors at the Color Throwdown #210.





 Hope you are having a great week so far~thanks for peeking in today~


 Supplies

Stamps: 

Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Together Silhouettes
Paper:Basic Grey Wander,Core'dinations Brown,Papertrey Ink Kraft
Die:Spellbinders Scalloped Circles
Punches: Martha Stewart Double Link Trim,Beaded Arcs
Ink:Papertrey Ink New Leaf,Tim Holtz Walnut Stain
Other:Piercing Tool,Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper





8 comments:

Annette Allen said...

how fun...love how you cut out the city...looks awesome

Wanda Cullen said...

Marlena, your cityscape scene is beautiful and a great way to use the throwdown colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

Karen Letchworth said...

I love this amazing cityscape, and I'm SO grateful to you for sharing this with us in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. What a blessing to see some more of our beautiful work!
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Barbara said...

What a fabulous design! Love that cityscape and how you used the colors! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

Lori said...

Love how your cityscape looks against the patterned background! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Marlena! Thanks for linking this up to the Movement Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Gemiel said...

What a wonderful card!!! Looks like there's joy in that city :) Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh my, this is CUTE! LOVE that skyline, Marlena! Thanks for joining us for The Color Throwdown!