Monday, September 10, 2012

~My Heroes~My Parents~



I feel so bad.


Did you know that Sunday was Grandparents' Day?


Well, good gravy, I didn't.


I don't have a single Grandparents' sentiment either.


Do you?


If you know of a Grandparents' Day sentiment, please let me know!


This card is late...but needed to be created.










OLW #104:Gratitude Campaign-a challenge to inspire us to THANK those around us.


Bold colors and inspirational photo from 




I tried to mimic the color blocking here with two blues and an orange.
 
Also, I kept it masculine so it's appropriate for Mom AND Dad.



For my heroes...
 
 the grandparents of my children~
 
 
the life teachers that God blessed me with.

 
 
 
Supplies:
 
Stamp:Papertrey Ink Teach & Inspire
Ink:Ranger Jenni Bowlin Spice Tin,Tsukineko Memento Inks Paris Dusk and Tangelo
Paper:Georgia Pacific White Cardstock
Other:Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
 
 
 

13 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

What a fantastic, graphic look, Marlena! Gosh, I just love it to pieces! And it says just what it needs to say.

Clare said...

I just love the colours.

Virginia L. said...

Wow, what intricate patterns and colors--all in one! GREAT job on this challenge, Marlena! And I am sad that I also miss out on Grandparents day (I should/could do better...).

Darnell said...

It's okay, Marlena. We were WITH our grandchildren and only remembered to let them know it was our special day as we were separating in the parking lot!! (We'd only overhead someone mention it in the grocery store on Saturday.)

I think I will mark it on my calendar in August 2013 and then do a mass blogging propangda blitz on behalf of all grandparents so you young people don't feel badly that you missed it!

You will make the day (whatever day you give it to them) of the grandparents of your children with that heartfelt sentiment!

Karen B. said...

Such a cool mix of patterns and I really like where your sentiments lie.

Deanna said...

Neat patterns and sentiment. I didn't remember grandparents day until 9:40pm and it was even on the calendar. Don't feel bad I just called my parents the next day and they even didn't know it was grandparents day. So that help me out..LOl Beautiful Card:)

librariane said...

LOVE this! The colors and layout are incredible!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What a creative card!! Love the design/colors!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Jingle said...

This is such an awesome design! So well done!

Tracey said...

Oh dear I missed it too! I think you did a fabulous job with card with no actual grandparent sentiments Marlena! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge and your sweet comments :) Hugs, TRace

Suzanne C said...

Love the colors on the card and the design is cool! Glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

What a sweet card! I love the graphic look of the shapes. Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

Cristina said...

I love how you separated that stamp! So cool. Thanks for playing with us at Runway!