Monday, September 10, 2012

~Did You CUT APART YOUR STAMP???!!!~



Did you cut apart your stamp?



On purpose?!!



I did.



I really did.



I have to admit, the idea made me queasy.


Erin Lincoln, hostess on Make It Monday #82 made me do it!!! ;) LOL


Well, she didn't MAKE ME DO it, but she encouraged me to do it.


It's crazy...but believe me, you'll survive!


Watch the video to know what to cut and what NOT to cut.


I have the set Count My Blessings that fit the category of "OKAY to cut apart".

The phrase was originally "today because".



I wanted to use "today", so I cut that perfect stamp APART.


gasp, shock, awe.


I know.


I paired it with Teach & Inspire's sentiment.



While today is still today...let us inspire and encourage~



AMEN???!!!



Thanks for stopping by~


Supplies:

Stamps: Papertrey Ink Teach & Inspire,Counting My Blessings
Ink:Papertrey Ink New Leaf,Tsukineko Memento Inks (Elderberry,Tangelo,Sweet Plum),Ranger Tim Holtz Peeled Paint and Spiced Marmalade to edge
Dies:Spellbinders Large Labels and Scalloped Circles
Other:Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Paper:Georgia Pacific White and Making Memories Just Chillin' Girl Pack





8 comments:

Margaret said...

Fab card, Marlena. I do have a tendency to cut stamps apart, the only trouble is trying to remember which stamps should be together lol

Margaret xx

Nancy Penir said...

Monica, your a riot! I have the same queezy feeling.
But it was worth it, your card is darling!
Congrats on the shout out!

Kelly Griglione said...

Horrors! I just got over cutting the letter dies apart ... now the stamps?!? Hahaha, it's a great idea, I'll have to check out the video. Good for you Marlena, and congrats on the PTI shout-out!

Kathy Mc said...

Love your cheery and meaningful card, Marlena. Congrats on the shout out from PTI! Off to watch Erin's video now (I get queezy just thinking about cutting stamps apart, but I guess I'll get over it.)

Darnell said...

I just linked up and came to visit the other links - not too many brave souls yet, huh? - and had to chuckle at how we similarly wrote about being squeemish over cutting our stamps. I'm sure we are not alone! I enjoyed your post very much and your card is fantastic! Well-done, Marlena! Congratulations on the well-deserved PTI shoutout!!

Sara Mac said...

Great card Marlena. Love the bright green sentiment. Hope all is well with you!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Gasp!! - I would have done the same thing!! :-) What a gorgeous and encouraging card!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Helen F. said...

Love your card Marlena! YOU are inspiring~I'm going to cut some stamps now :o)