Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Happy Birthdays Look Great On You




The temps are all over the place...is it spring

..is it winter

...who knows judging just by the weather. 
   

Either way, it's another day to get the opportunity to craft.



dies:Winnie & Walter In a World Happy,My Favorite Things Stitched Oval Word Windows   stamps: My Favorite Things
Anything but Basic Birthday Wishes






I don't know which talent created the following card...



I love the simplicity of the card...with the cutaway taking center stage, in agreement with a smaller sentiment.

 I replicated the concept with my CAS creation, using patterned paper as white space instead.


The following sketch challenge inspired the foundation of my card~





http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2018/02/just-add-ink-396sketch.html



I leaned the smaller panel and sentiment strip closer to the east boundary of the card.


That's it for me today~thanks for stopping in ;)

2 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Lovely Marlena! The colours and pattern in that dsp make a gorgeous background. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Jan said...

So pretty Marlena! I love how your solid background really makes the sentiment pop and the interest the pretty pastel colours in your patterned layer adds. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.