Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Vintage Linen Christmas




Getting my Christmas stack piling
...one card at a time.





stamps: Papertrey Ink Tinsel & Tags/On the Wagon sentiment  dies: Papertrey Ink Tinsel & Tags banner/Tag Sale #5, Spellbinders Classic Circle  other: Papertrey Ink Modern Background stencil


The following challenge colors/patterns gave me a start~


http://theseinspiredchallenges.blogspot.com/2018/07/inspired-by-vintage-linens.html



I had to remind myself...as always..

be careful when using an animal image, Marlena.

In those cases, red splatters don't look right,

they just don't look right.

You don't know how many cards I've ruined by forgetting that at the last minute.

I want to add something and start going in with red....andddd 

I've slaughtered it.

ugh.

I added the enamel dots instead. ;)


 I just saw Jurassic World last night...

lots of red splatters..just saying.

;)

Have a good one~




4 comments:

Laurel said...

Such a cute card and I had to giggle at your red splatter comment! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

LeAnne said...

I had to giggle at your red splatter comment too! I have often wanted to go "grunge" on a card and when I pulled out Real Red, thought..nope, better not go there! Anyway, your card is just delightful the way it is, I love your color combo and I think it's wonderful that you created a Christmas card from the photo! So happy you shared this with us at Inspired By this week!

Nancy Penir said...

Marlena, your card is so sweet, I love the angle you gave the tag. couldn't agree more about the red splatters... and can't wait to see Jurassic World!

Danni Reid said...

I love everything about your card, design, colors, dots (hahaha) everything!