Saturday, July 14, 2018

Belated Outdoor Birthday



This is one of those rare times I anticipate a belated card.
July is the month for late cards.

I have no idea what day it is...what time it is...


basically, I'm a hot mess and willy-nilly.

Typical summer. ;)

stamps: Papertrey Ink Mat Stack 3 sentiment  dies: Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Hexagon, My Favorite Things Wonky Stitched Rectangles, Papertrey Ink City Scene  other: Tim Holtz Layering Stencil Plaid, acrylic paint droplets




The following inspiration made me hungry~




http://theseinspiredchallenges.blogspot.com/2018/07/inspired-by-campfire-smores.html



It had me thinking about my first smore.

I was introduced at camp and never looked back.

As for the card...I went for a masculine creation.

I stenciled the plaid and die cut a hexagon~layering an outdoor scene.

I dotted some acrylic paint~imagining marshmallows.

The horizon half circle matches the color of teal in the photo.


4 comments:

Laurel said...

Fun card! I love the die cut shapes! Thanks for playing at Inspired By :)

Macarena said...

Lovely mix of pastel colors. The scene is pretty, too. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Summer Fun Challenge!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Oh Marlena - ILove it!!! Such a summery and fun card! LOVE your hexagon design and beautiful diecutting! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

Dawn Fields said...

Fabulous card! Love the arrangement!