Friday, January 5, 2018

A La Carte Make It Monday



Didn't think I'd be in the mood to stamp another Christmas card this soon in the new year...but here we are.

This will probably be my favorite~


stamps: Papertrey Ink What the Doodle Snowflakes/Winter Penguin/In the Meadow/Tinsel& Tags Sprigs/A Thrill of Hope sentiment




Thanks to the following challenges...

I was challenged!


I'm especially satisfied that I used a multitude of tinies~many forgotten little stamps that come with sets~


not to mention all the inks I incorporated too!
 



I chose the following challenge I missed in 2017:
Make it Monday #289: Building Wreaths With Small Images with Lizzie Jones



http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.ca/2017/12/challenge-151-designers-choice-stamping.html


This will probably be my fave, because I know how much effort went into creating this snowflake wreath.

Lizzie's tutorial video gave wonderful tips~make sure and watch it all the way through.
 
 It helped to have the inks opened like Lizzie showed.

I started over a few times before I could work my way around the wreath after stamping a third of it~I blame user error.


  Also, I left a scrap section to preview some of the inked stamps since they were new.

May I also recommend looking at your wreath from all perspectives~upside down and all around.

 I really enjoyed creating this~I hope to try my hand with florals and other images soon.

Thanks for stopping by~





 

6 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Gorgeous, Marlena! Well worth the effort. I'm loving all those sweet images together.

Betty Wright said...

Love all the stamping, Marlena! This is so festive! Great card!

Lisa said...

Really great card. A lot of work for the wreath but worth it since it turned out so well.

Cindy Beach said...

Marlena, I love your pretty card. Your wreath is just beautiful.

Skrater said...

Oh I love this! What a fun, colorful use of tiny shapes. Thanks for the inspiration.

Nonni said...

Great stamping! I love the colorful wreath you created. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!