Thursday, April 7, 2016

Thankful Washi Card



So, I've officially boarded the washi train.
I thought I had all the washi I needed until I saw a classy design (bottom row of my card).
sigh.

Thankfully washi is inexpensive and worthwhile, if I actually use it.
So, today I used it.

A lot.


(die:Papertrey Ink Counting My Blessings)


I layered and layered washi for a multilayered festival of patterns like this inspirational photo.


TIME OUT Challenge #54 Home Sweet Home



http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/challenge-54-home-sweet-home.html






I washied a strip of neon and then cut with a word die for that dipped look.


The letters emerge into white space like the top trim of this fun hutch.


Thanks for stopping by~it's a blessing to see you. ;)


3 comments:

sandie said...

This is fabulous. The patterns are so like the cupboard and I adore how you used the washi to create the dipped look on the sentiment, a truly creative card and so pleased you joined us again for this challenge x

Annette Allen said...

wow totally awesome.. i love this

Anita in France said...

Cool and so crisp, Marlena ... great treatment of the sentiment ... love how you showcased the vibrancy of the inspiration photo in such a wonderfully CAS card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)