Saturday, September 30, 2023

Woodblock Wednesday Encouragement

 

I'm finally getting a Woodblock Wednesday card done in time!


I always have good intentions, but this time it panned out. ;)



"Gathering Basket" River City Rubber Works, 4121-J River city Rubber Works, Inkadinkado Galeris Vernissage Leaf, Kuretake Watercolors 


This beautiful basket stamp was acquired recently (how could I resist the shading and shape?!) .



The leaves were a happy accident, in that I didn't think of the fussy cut, watercolored leaves, to dry curled up like a real leaf would. 





When they were dry, and I gathered them up, they sounded much the same as raked leaves!



As for the beautiful sentiment, 
I had originally bought this(many years ago).

 I felt a prompting in my Spirit, to use it to create a card for my friend fighting cancer at the time. 

I haven't seen her IN YEARS (since we moved to different churches and had many life changes), but God allowed me to run into her months ago.

She said this sentiment is one she shares with EVERYONE still (though she isn't sick now).

She literally quotes it so often, and when she does, she thinks of me.

I had to dig it back up and put it to use again; it had such a powerful impact (and I had stashed it away with all my lovely woodblock stamps).





Thank you for your sweet visit~




6 comments:

~amy~ said...

so pretty Marlena!
Thanks for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

Kate said...

Lovely card Marlena and what a powerful sentiment! I’m so glad your friend is doing well and thinks of you often. And so happy you were inspired by our challenge at Time Out and came to play cards with us! Hugs, Kate!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely card - very nice sentiment too. Thanks for joining in at HLS Water Color

Gerrina said...

What a beautiful card! Love the colours! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Quillish said...

Love that sentiment on your beautiful card! It gives such Vintag-y vibes with the cane basket and the leaves. Thank you for joining us at Time Out challenges, with your lovely card. Hugs ~ Ishani

Gerrina said...

That sentiment is perfect for our challenge and so beautiful! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!