Wednesday, September 20, 2023

2023 Card Design Superstar: Box Card Master



I have had THE MOST fun creating this little scene.


My eldest daughter gasped when I showed her the beginnings of it, and her jaw dropped.


"I want one!!!" my 27 year old exclaimed. ;)


So here we are, I got it done!


I even lit her up with Pear Blossom Press EZ-Lights (also available at My Favorite Things store).


The temporary yellow clothespin kept it lit for this shot 

(and if my daughter wants to keep it on after she releases her fingers).



EZ-Light 5 Pack from Pear Blossom,  & My Favorite Things Supplies: Outside The Box Level Up Die-namics , The View From My Office Die-namics (window), Around the Water Cooler Shelves Die-namics (shelves & clock), Massage Envy Die-namics (plant & pot), At My Desk Die-namics (desk, chair, mug), Fundamental Furnishings Die-namics (lamp), Serenity Now Die-namics (smaller plants), Breakroom Buddies sentiment



Here it shows that it folds flat for mailing:







Here it is unlit (she hasn't even seen that I added lights yet).

If she thought it was amazing unlit, she's gonna freak out!!!




I pulled fun details from a variety of Die-namics, listed under the first pic.


I love that these scenic dies are scaled to the same size (office, living room and spa), and can be mixed and matched to build any scene you desire.


I also wanted to show how I used a hole punch to thread the wires through to the back (I took a quick pic before adding the finishing touches). 





There's a cover panel adhered with foam tape to finish the back.


A quick youtube search will take you to instructions on how to assemble and adhere your lights.


Try it and you'll want to do more!


Thanks to My Favorite Things for their fun challenge:



2023 Card Design Superstar: Box Card Master

 I appreciate your sweet visit today!






2 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Wow - I have several of these kind of box dies - but never thought to make a layered scene like an office - what wonderful dies and a beautiful project created - so fun with the lights too!!! Julia xx

Arlene said...

I love this office scene and your color scheme too.