Wednesday, October 25, 2017

When Words Won't Come




This week started off with much reflection and nostalgia for me.

I got a text from my mom, with an obituary post of my first childhood's friend's mom. 

Most of my primary school memories were born at her home (she was my only best friend at the time)~and I had to track down this long-lost friend so I could send my condolences. 
 


stamps: Papertrey Ink Palm Prints,Maymay Made It Blessed    dies:My Favorite Things Stitched Dome Frames,Papertrey Ink Palm Prints



Weird thing is, I had just been thinking about this friend a few days before.

Isn't it something how God brings to mind folks when something like this happens?
 
 I'm grateful for the inspiration of the following challenge~monochrome.







 
I wasn't sure how to start (it's been at least 30 years since I've seen this friend)~but I remember the decor in her home near the beach.

Her mom was so classy, as I'm sure my friend is also. ;)


 Challenges or not~creating cards is very therapeutic for me!


 I pray for the recipient as I'm creating~and it helps me to process life.

Thank you, card companies, for your beautiful products.

 Also, thank you for the motivation to create a tangible "hug" of sorts.

I'm praying I found the right address for this long lost friend. 

 

 

3 comments:

maria f. said...

So sorry for you, Marlene. But I love how you personalized the card. That's the best thing about this hobby.

Catherine said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's mom. It's no coincidence you were thinking about her, I'm sure, and I hope she receives your beautiful card. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Say Stamp Monday Challenge.

Cathie ♥

debby4000 said...

What a perfect sentiment for such a sad occasion card, beautiful leaves.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Debby