Thursday, February 2, 2017

May Friends Surround You



I try to create sympathy cards now and again~it's easier when I'm not grieving.



(stamp: Verve Forever In Our Hearts sentiment/Great Friend  dies:Verve Great Kindness/Avery Elle Wonky Stitches Elle-ments)







 I love the line "friends surround you" in this verse...


it's a reminder that the recipient is not alone...nor should they be!


I know from personal experience~it's really easy to withdraw from everyone.


I have some loving, pushy friends who refused to let me waste away in a hole alone!


They called/texted~basically bugged me until I would talk it out. ;)


All I wanted was to be left alone.

That's ok now and again...but not for months on end.

My friends shed light at the end of a dark tunnel and I can't imagine being ok without them.


Prayers that you are not alone~






4 comments:

sandie said...

Your words are so touching and I am glad you had friends near when you needed them. Your card is full of colour but with the special touch of softness needed at this time. Thanks for joining Time Out

Anita in France said...

A lovely post, Marlena ... and a beautiful showcase of that wonderful sentiment. Those soft blooms and sweet sprigs make for a fabulous frame! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card Marlena and a beautiful post! I too wanted to withdraw from everyone when my husband passed in Oct. 2015. But I had many friends who refused to let me hide in the house. Even my youngest son's boss at the local movie theater wouldn't let me sit in the house, they let me come to the movies anytime I want and give me all the snacks I want from the snack bar! Now I don't need any snacks, but so nice of them to take care of me like that for free! Yes, friends surround you when you are going through a hard time. It's just amazing and I know how blessed I am. Hugs, Brenda

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a beautiful sympathy card. Love these colors.