Friday, November 13, 2015

Teen Christmas Tags




I'm living an exciting life at the moment, friends.


All my girlies are teenagers.


Yup...three teens under one roof.


I take full responsibility for the sassy they've inherited~


 just enough to set boundaries, but rarely crosses a line of disrespectful.


They've also inherited my love of art~


each of them are creative!


I love that!


 I thought trendy tags for their special gift (whatever that may be)~under the tree would be fun.


When I made this project and researched my supplies...I rediscovered a large blossom die!

I chose three colors I thought were jazzy and cut them into tags (including 6 black extras). I also cut out 6 blossoms from cereal boxes for sturdy centers~2 per tag.

I stacked one of each color (saving the 6 extra) and cut again with the dotted borders "wave" die.

I glued the coral, black and striped "waves" onto black blossom tags for the front and attached the remaining black blossoms to the back (with dual chipboard centers cut from cereal boxes in the center).


These coordinate, but aren't identical...just like my girlies!


(stamp: Avery Elle free digital   dies: Avery Elle Dotted Borders Elle-ments, Spellbinders Blossom Tags/Classic Circles)



The free digital stamp from Avery Elle prints well on vellum~

 I resized them to fit the centers.

Once dry, I die cut and edged them with a silver Sharpie to cover the glue trim beneath.


http://aeiheartuchallenge.blogspot.com/2015/11/challenge-30holiday-tag.html


These are pretty substantial and should last as ornaments in the years to come.


Since this is going on a gift to give, I'm also submitting this to
 
 
http://casology.blogspot.com/2015/11/week-172-give.html


Thanks for stopping by today~





5 comments:

Joyce said...

Your girls sound wonderful, and I just love the pretty ornaments you made for them. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute tags Marlena. Love the pink and black, gray together... so fun and cheerful. Great shapes.

Tracey McNeely said...

I love the funky ornaments that you created for your teenagers Marlena! Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Lindsay said...

These are so fun, Marlena! I love the non-traditional colors! Thanks for joining us at the AEI<3U Challenge this month!

cm said...

Your girls will love, love and love these funky, trendy tags! Different, yet similar...part of the same family, but with their own identity...
Hugs~c