Friday, January 16, 2015

You Are So Much Stronger




I remember the first time someone told me I was "strong".

I didn't believe him, but it sure stuck in my mind.

26 years later...I believe that I can be strong, especially with God's help.






I wanted to try this Runway Challenge again...esp. since I LOVE the main color.

I added a bit of frou-frou with touches of a small ornate stamp smattered in there to imitate the neckline design.



http://runwayinspired.blogspot.com/2015/01/ric75-ralph-lauren.html


I opened a "NEW to me" pack of paper I HAD to have and I'm entering this in


http://casology.blogspot.com/2015/01/week-129-nbus.html


and
NBUS Challenge #3 


I believe I haven't used the brushstrokes yet from my Sweet n' Sassy Grunge Elements set either.

In fact, it sat on my desk for at least 4 months because I was afraid to lose it in my stash...

out of sight, out of mind with this lady!!!

 Oh it's FRIDAY and today I had a chance to stamppppppp!!!!


I'll craft until I can't feel my toes (my craft desk is in the basement) ;)

blessings friends~


stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Grunge Elements, WPlus9 Written on Ribbon, Waltzingmouse Stamps French Country
dies: Our Daily Bread Designs Bookmark die,WPlus9 Written on Ribbon
paper: Basic Grey Highline,Georgia Pacific white
ink: Versafine Onyx
other: Melody Ross "button"




6 comments:

Annette Allen said...

this is gorgeous.. totally love it

Ardyth said...

What a fantastic take on the inspiration photo! Love the colours, and the sentiment. Sometimes hearing that is exactly what gets you through a situation! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Darnell said...

I think that you should put that last line up in your blog banner as your mission statement, Marlena!! "I craft until I can't feel my toes!" That really encompasses a lot of us, I think. For me, it's not because I craft in the basement, it's because I sit on my legs until my toes go numb. I know, it's a terrible unhealthy habit but we all do it in the family so it must be some genetic thing. Anyway, I love the line! And I think your card is incredible! I always love to see where your design brain takes us!

Thank you so much for linking to both the CASology challenge and my NBUS Challenge #3! It's been a wonderful collaboration this week! I hope to see you again soon!! Hugs, Darnell

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Such a lovely sentiment, and a lovely card. Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway! :)

Gillian R said...

A lovely card, love the bold colours. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

cm said...

I'm swooning over the way you translated this dress into your card...all those little details that, combined, make for one AWESOME card! I agree with Darnell: crafting until you can't feel your toes is a brilliant 'head-liner"...and oh, how I can relate! Your post has me beaming!
Hugs~c