Monday, October 28, 2013

Ms. D




I find it no coincidence that Ms. D, who sits behind me at Sunday service, reminds me of my Grandma.



I miss my Grandma so much!



When Ms. D squeezes my hand and tells me how much she missed me last Sunday service (the one of many I've missed lately, I'm afraid)~I really believe she means it.


It's a God thing, you know.



It's a God thing...because she doesn't have memories of me being adorable as a child to soften her heart. ;)



She loves me enough to miss me when I'm not there, and encourage me when I am.


I love that woman.


She deserves a card, don't you think?







stamp: Verve Treasured words
dies: Our Daily Bread Designs Chickadee Die,Ellison tipsy hearts thick cuts
paper: DCWV Chickadee Stack,kraft cardstock
ink: Hero Arts Cup O' Joe





6 comments:

~amy~ said...

awwww...Marlena. she's going to love the card!

Sigh, I miss my grandma too:)

cm said...

I miss my grandma, too - but the joy I see in my mom being a grandma sure makes my heart sing! Grandma and grandpas - so, so special! I agree: Mrs. D deserves a card! She will love this one, not only because it's pretty, but because YOU made it specially for HER! Connection...Hugs!
c

Annette Allen said...

WOW i love this.. that bird is adorable on the heart..

Helen F. said...

Oh, she will love this beautiful card, Marlena :-)

Suzanne C said...

What a lovely thought and beautifully put! Your card is the perfect thing to share with her. Glad you joined us this week to share your story and card at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

This is a lovely post, with a lovely card. :)

I wanted to stop by and thank you for the sweet comment you left on my final Moxie Fab World blog post, Marlena. I had such an incredibly good time in the Moxie Fab World, and I'm *so glad* I got to know you there! Hugs and loves to you, my moxie fab friend! :)