Saturday, April 28, 2018

Mugs Amongst Yellow




I played with my blues, greens, and yellows today~


stamps: Verve Coffee Helps/Everything Nice/Bloom Brighter/Great Friend/Borderline (retired)  dies: Verve Blooming/Pumpkin Spice cup/Great Kindness flowers and sprigs/Beautiful Flowers sprigs/Cup for All Seasons cup/Mini Classy Label (retired)  other: Pebbles Cardmaking Pad 1


I was bouncing off colors and arrangements until I settled on the above card.

Here were my starting points:


by Laurel

http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com/2018/04/caffeinated-inspiration-sweet-tea/

 and this lovely prompt at Verve.


https://vervestamps.blogspot.com/p/inspiration-challenge.html

No two yellows are alike, let me tell you.

I've been on the hunt for the perfect yellow shade of ink and I've since acquired enough to stop looking. 

Well, maybe...no promises :)

I decided on Catherine Pooler and Simon Says Stamp yellows and matched the two with blue (leaving the largest flower open-outlined).

The cups were colored with Copics Cool Shadow and Lime Green (G21 for you fancy Copic peeps :)).

Thanks for looking~




4 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Marlena! Thanks so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog. Sounds like we have a lot in common....I've been on that same search for yellow inks. Don't know why that particular shade is so tough. Noticed your card using Scripture Series 3 from ODBD. I was so thrilled to have a scripture chosen for that set as well, Ps. 29:11. What a blessing to have a promise from God and to have it made into a stamp!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Christine

Laurel said...

This is such a pretty card! Thanks for playing at CLC :)

~amy~ said...

Marlena, this is so pretty!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh my word, this is fabulous, Marlena! Love that sweet collage of coffee and flowers! So glad you could join us for our Diva Inspirations challenge.