Tuesday, June 14, 2016

GORJUSS Stamps and Purple Hair




Guys.....


I am SMITTEN with a line that I stumbled upon recently.


First of all, here's what I made.



(stamps:DoCrafts Gorjuss The White Rabbit,WORD sentiment  dies:Simon Says Stamp Greeting Blocks,My Favorite Things Cross-Stitch Oval,Newton's Nook Darling Hearts  other:striped washi)


Sorry 'bout your eyes...


I should have warned you that brightness was happenin'!


You may not be able to see the purples I added to her hair.


You know how sometimes fiction can't quite grasp real life?


Well, in this case, it's true.  This character's hair is a little more mild than my daughter's hair~which I colored recently.



Gurlfriend is BRAVE to let momma color it, but just so you know, we were going for solid, not tie-dye.


That's what happens when you're tired and don't know what you're doing~annnnd adding bobby pins in the process gives off this look too.


Fortunately for me, she LOVES my mistake and has gotten so many compliments...esp coming from a little 4 year old that shyly told her she looked like Ariel.

Oh. my. word. 

She said it was WORTH this fun color with that type of sweetness.

Anyway, I went a little more discreet with my stamped girlie.

Can I just brag a little on the packaging with these Gorjuss products?




 
 I've never seen anything like it!!!!

sigh.


I am entering this in Simon Says (Monday):World Traveler.


This particular stamp I used is called The White Rabbit~I'm thinking it's loosely based on Alice in Wonderland (which is why I picked this stamp up).

I loosely interpreted this challenge as "another" world travel~by adding my own "it's time" sentiment which I typed on my computer and die cut.

I pictured all the travels and unusual colors that Alice (which I LOVE in BRUNETTE style) encounters.

 
 Thanks for taking the time to travel to my corner of the web~







2 comments:

Brenda said...

Your card is fabulous Marlene, love how you colored this little "Alice" girl. I also am loving the bright colors and speaking of bright colors, I so love your daughter's hair!!! It looks ombre to me and so pretty. Not in your face kind of purple, but soft. At first I thought it was a Copic colored image! lol I do love it! Hugs, Brenda

Sandra said...

Fantastic card, love the bright colors. Love the story if your daughter too. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra