Tuesday, March 27, 2012

~Paper Towel Texture~

There is no comparison to a mother's love.




My mom is almost across a continent and in the middle of the Pacific.



I miss her.



I bought this image to use on her card.



*Unity Present in My Heart,Versamark ink,Recollections Sapphire Pearl Embossing Powder,DP,Martha Stewart border punch,Spellbinders Scalloped Ovals,Bazzill Kraft,Fiskars crimper,American Crafts AC cardstock,paper towel adhered to cardstock*



I could just cry THINKING about this image, isn't it touching?


It also has the sentiment "I Miss You" in the set.


WAAAAAAAHHHHH!



Okay, don't worry, I'm getting a grip.


I wanted to try a softer approach to the image, esp. since I wasn't going to color it.


So, I adhered a paper towel (Bounty to be exact...we have pets and it holds together for our needs!) to cardstock with temporary spray adhesive.


After inking and embossing, I cut the image out with my Spellbinder's oval.


The process sealed the towel to the cardstock, but I'm paranoid, so I gently lifted the top and bottom edge and adhered with a glue stick also.




Thank you for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Utterly sweet image! I am amazed at your use of paper towel, Marlena! So creative!

wendyp said...

love how you used the paper towel! Very pretty!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Marlena! Thanks for linking this up to the Household Items Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)