Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Make It Monday Enamel Splatters




I failed to use my embossing enamels this past Christmas.

There are three containers of this gorgeous Stampendous medium sitting on the sidelines of my craft room.

Thanks to the following challenge~I have met my goal in opening a bottle again!


hosted by Melissa Phillips





 stamps: Papertrey Ink Meadow Greens/Palm Prints  dies: Papertrey Ink Meadow Greens/Palm Prints/Brushed Off Rectangle



 Melissa demonstrates sprinkling and embossing to get a raised splattered effect.

This is a great way to use the stuff!

Here's a zoom in~




It looks promising in a jar, but when I first used it on Versamark inked images years ago~I couldn't predict the outcome of colors (because of the mixed-in gold).

The gold is AWESOME, but practically speaking, I didn't like the uncertainty of where the sparkle/color would land.

It would intimidate me~just sayin'.

So, I left it sitting there~thinking I'd try AGAIN...next Christmas.

However, with Melissa's technique, you sprinkle where you want it to stick and delicately heat (so as not to blow it right off the paper).

It's an embellishment, rather than the star feature.

I'm much more comfortable with this approach.

Thanks Melissa!



 


 



6 comments:

Kathy Mc said...

Beautiful color choices, Marlena, and love that you found a way to use your Embossing Enamels! Your splatters look awesome on this pretty & colorful card.

Kelly said...

yes, beautiful!

Sandy S. said...

Very nice, and a good choice of background paper.

Do you have trouble with the lid of your Embossing Enamels? I only have one, and the lid sticks like mad; the threading must be a bit off.

Nancy Penir said...

Your card is beautiful, Marlena. Beautiful color combo and beautiful layering!

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely card Marlena!! Your splatters are perfect and so is this colorful and FABULOUS card! :0)

Carmela said...

What a stunning card, Marlena! I love the colors.