Tuesday, November 20, 2012

~Leany Tree~




Here's another for Retro Sketches...







I remember almost 12 years ago....I was big big pregnant with my littlest girlie, and our Christmas tree fell


3 TIMES IN A ROW...


decorations and all.


There was water all over the carpet...it was a disaster and I was bawling my eyes out.



Now, the older girlies and I reminisce about how funny it was...


with me, big as a HOUSE (with one more month to go)...struggling with straightening a tall, decorated tree all by my lonesome.


(Hubby was at work and couldn't save me. The kiddos were only about 3 feet high or so-just munchkins...they couldn't really help either-all they did was point tearfully at the wee head of a mousy ornament that broke off.


they. were. horrified of his demise).






At the time it was chaotic and...


not so funny!



Now, it's one of our favorite "when things go terribly wrong" stories to retell....



This sketch here at





is the perfect platform to highlight this fun tree from Verve.



Paper piecing it made it doable to tilt it just a wee bit for character.



May your Christmas tree stand tall this year....




If it should fall...



may you stash it in your fond memories for years to come!!!



stamps: Verve Winter Tree Plain Jane,sentiment from Waltzingmouse Teeny Trees
ink: Papertrey Ink True Black,Memento Rich Cocoa
dies: Spellbinders Deckled Rectangle Die,My Favorite Things Die-namics Sentiment Strips,Verve rounded rectangle
paper: Georgia Pacific white,Authentique Fresh,Lively and Journey
other: gold pen,stapler


2 comments:

smudgiebaby said...

Love the tree! And the story! ;)

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a sweet and cute card and the memories it brings back. I can see how it wasn't so funny at the time, but brings a smile now!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/